Wednesday, January 18, 2012

7 Months Old!

I am 7 months old today!  Here are a few tidbits about my life right now:

On the menu:

I love to eat!  I am still guzzling down the milk but I am also enjoying two solid meals a day.  Mommy has been making my food and it's delicious.  So far I have had:  peas, green beans, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, mango, apples, pears, bananas, prunes, avocado, oatmeal, and rice cereal.  It's best when it's all mixed together so that some of the sweetness of the fruit overrides the flavor of the green veggies.  I hum, grunt, and dance as I eat.  Mealtime is when I demonstrate my "Hulk" skills by ripping my bib off.


Hangin' in my crib:

I spend a lot of time in my crib and it's a pretty nice pad.  I go to bed between 8pm and 9pm.  Mommy and Daddy put me down when I'm awake, but sleepy.  Watching my mobile's light show and listening to the music helps me drift off on my own.  I sleep pretty well, although lately I quietly cry in the middle of the night.  Mommy says that maybe I'm teething (whatever that means), but I usually fall back to sleep on my own.  Honestly, I have so much on my mind with all the new skills I'm learning, that it's tricky to just relax and rest all night.  I work so hard during the day, that I actually take naps consistently now.  Three naps a day and I'm rested and ready to tackle the world...or at least my toys and occasionally the grocery store.

Work hard, play hard:

I am one busy baby!  I still love my jumperoo and my activity table from the Surette family.  My other favorites include:  my soft blocks, my basketball goal, and my race track and driving toy.  Shaking toys, like my maracas, always makes me giggle.  Other favorite objects include Tank, Bella, and all of their toys.  We play Tug of War with an old sock and I get really sad and show my boo boo face when Bella takes the sock away.   This is usually a diversion the pups use so that I don't notice that Tank has taken off with my basketball.

Movin' and Groovin':

I am a pro at rolling across a room to get what I want - shoelaces are a current object of interest.  However, I've noticed that if I'm sitting and I let myself fall forward, I am on all fours.  I have a sneaking suspicion that I could also move from that position.  Every time I try, Mommy and Daddy say, "Yay Jake!" and clap, so I may need to explore this option further.

Party On:

This month I was spoiled rotten which is saying something since that's my norm.  I got to celebrate Hanukkah with Mommy's family and Christmas with Daddy's family.  I'm not sure what all of this is about yet, but here's what I've figured out about both holidays:  People gather around me, I am allowed to rip paper and stick it in my mouth, new fun toys appear from beneath this paper, I play with them, people take pictures and clap.  Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Until next time,
Jake

Here are some pictures from this last month:

The first night of Hanukkah with GM and GP

Catching up with Natalie at Hanukkah with the family

Where exactly were the men in my family while this picture was taken?  I can't believe this is public now.

Hey Anna, check out my shoes.  I'm tired, but still styling'.

I Light Up Mommy's Life - according to my onesie

Uncle Joel really wanted me to try a latke, but Mommy said no.  Who invited her to the party?

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve with Oma and Opa

Wrapping paper is glorious!

Ready to drive

Crunching numbers at the office with GP

Opa and I are ready for a nap

Checking out downtown OKC with Oma

Boating with the Bandi men

Thunder UP!

Playing with my new race track and maracas 

Shooting hoops

Bored watching Mommy brush her teeth

Big deal in my new car seat

Reading Drummer Hoff with Daddy

In the shopping cart at the pet store - apparently Tank and Bella need to eat too.  

7 months old

Cute with a bit of drool









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.